Aleksandr Gudkov, Elena Dedkova
Cite: Gudkov A., Dedkova E. Development and financial support of tourism exports in the digital economy. J. Digit. Sci. 2(1), 54 – 66 (2020). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.2.1_5
Abstract. Tourism is not only big business but also tourism should be seen and protected as perhaps one of the world’s premier export products. In this connection, consideration is given to the possibilities of developing the tourism industry as the most important direction of non-primary exports in the medium term in digital age, capable not only of bringing significant revenues to the budgets of various levels, developing domestic tourist infrastructure, but also characterized by inexhaustible resources and forming a favorable image of the country on world markets. The purpose of this article is to consider the problems of preservation and financial support of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry from the standpoint of increasing its export potential in digital age and ensuring a high level of attractiveness of tourist destinations.
Keywords: Tourism, Development, Financial support, Export, Digital economy.
1. Andrades, L., Dimanche, F.: Destination competitiveness and tourism development in Russia: Issues and challenges. Tourism management 62, 360-376 (2017).
2. Andrades, L., Dimanche, F.: Destination competitiveness in Russia: tourism professionals’ skills and competences. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 31(2), 910-930 (2019).
3. Andriotis, K.: Degrowth in Tourism: Conceptual, Theoretical and Philosophical Issues. CABI. Oxfordshire (2018).
4. Baker, D.Mc.A.: The Effects of Terrorism on the Travel and Tourism Industry. International Journal of Religious Tourism and Pilgrimage 2(1), 58-67 (2014).
5. Berezka, S., Kolkov, M.Y., Pereskokova, E.V.: The development approaches to tourist value propositions of small cities: The case of the Vladimir Region. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes 10(4), 498-509 (2018).
6. Brondoni, S.M.: Global Tourism and Terrorism. Safety and Security Management. Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management 2, 7-16 (2016).
7. Dedkova, E., Gudkov, A., Dudina, K.: Perspectives for non-primary export development in Russia and measures of its tax incentives. Problems and Perspectives in Management 16(2), 78-89 (2018).
8. Dedkova, E., Gudkov, A.: Tourism Export Potential: Problems of Competitiveness and Financial Support. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems 78, 187-202 (2020).
9. Gudkov, A., Dedkova, E., Dudina, K.: Tax incentives as a factor of effective development of domestic tourism industry in Russia. Problems and Perspectives in Management 15(2), 90-101 (2017).
10. Gudkov, A., Dedkova, E., Dudina, K.: The main trends in the Russian tourism and hospitality market from the point of view of Russian travel agencies. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes 10(4), 412-420 (2018).
11. Hjerpe, E., Holmes, T., White, E.: National and community market contributions of Wilderness. Society & Natural Resources 30(3), 265-280 (2017).
12. Hjerpe, E.E.: Outdoor Recreation as a Sustainable Export Industry: A Case Study of the Boundary Waters Wilderness. Ecological Economics 146, 60-68 (2018).
13. Im, J.Y., Hancer, M.: Shaping travelers’ attitude toward travel mobile applications. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology 5(2), 177-193 (2014).
14. Kaliappan, S.R., Ahmad, S.A., Ismail, N.W.: Service export and economic growth in the selected developing Asian countries. International Journal of Economics and Management 11(2), 393-418 (2017).
15. Kotorri, M., Krasniqi, B.A.: Managerial Characteristics and Export Performance – Empirical Evidence from Kosovo. South East European Journal of Economics and Business 13(2), 32-48 (2018).
16. Krammer, S.M., Strange, R., Lashitew, A.: The export performance of emerging economy firms: The influence of firm capabilities and institutional environments. International Business Review 27(1), 218-230 (2018).
17. Lopes, A.P.F., Muñoz, M.M., Alarcón-Urbistondo, P.: Regional tourism competitiveness using the PROMETHEE approach. Annals of Tourism Research 73, 1-13 (2018).
18. Mahmoodi, M., Mahmoodi, E.: Foreign direct investment, exports and economic growth: evidence from two panels of developing countries. Economic Research – Ekonomska Istraživanja 29(1), 938-949 (2016).
19. Mazaraki, A., Boiko, M., Bosovska, M., Vedmid, N., Okhrimenko, A.: Formation of the national tourism system of Ukraine. Problems and Perspectives in Management 16(1), 68-84 (2018).
20. Milman, A., Okumus, F., Dickson, D.: The contribution of theme parks and attractions to the social and economic sustainability of destinations. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes 2(3), 338-345 (2010).
21. Moreno-Rojas, J., González-Rodríguez, M.R., Martín-Samper, R.C.: Determinants of the effective tax rate in the tourism sector. A dynamic Panel Data Model. Tourism & Management Studies 13(3), 31-38 (2017).
22. Okumus, F., Wong, K.: A Critical Review and Evaluation of Teaching Methods of Strategic Management in Tourism and Hospitality Schools. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education 16(2), 22-33 (2004).
23. Paraskevaidis, P., Andriotis, K.: Altruism in tourism: social exchange theory vs altruistic surplus phenomenon in host volunteering. Annals of Tourism Research 62, 26-37 (2017).
24. Pavlov, D., Sheresheva, M., Perello, M.: The Intergenerational Small Family Enterprises as Strategic Entities for the Future of the European Civilization – A Point of View. Journal of Entrepreneurship & Innovation 9, 26-38 (2017).
25. Russian Export Center announced the creation of the ranking of inbound tourism countries, https://www.exportcenter.ru/press_center/news/rets-anonsiroval-sozdanie-renkinga-stran-vezdnogo-turizma/, last accessed 2020/04/20.
26. Sheresheva, M., Kopiski, J.: The main trends, challenges and success factors in the Russian hospitality and tourism market. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes 8(3), 260-272 (2016).
27. Sheresheva, M.: Russian hospitality and tourism: what needs to be addressed? Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes 8(3), 380-396 (2016).
28. Sheresheva, M.Y.: The Russian hospitality and tourism market: What factors affect diversity and new destination development? Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes 10(4), 510-522 (2018).
29. Sheresheva, M.Y.: The Russian tourism and hospitality market: new challenges and destinations. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes 10(4), 400-411 (2018).
30. Stylidis, D.: Residents’ place image: a cluster analysis and its links to place attachment and support for tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism 26(6), 1007-1026 (2018).
31. Tourism development strategies in the Russian Federation for the period until 2035. https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/72661648/#1000, last accessed 2020/04/20.
32. Travel, Tourism & Hospitality. Direct and total contribution of travel and tourism to GDP from 2006 to 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/233223/travel-and-tourism–total-economic-contribution-worldwide/#statisticContainer, last accessed 2020/04/24.
33. UNWTO Annual Report 2015, http://cf.cdn.unwto.org/sites/all/files/pdf/annual_report_2015_lr.pdf, last accessed 2020/04/20.
34. UNWTO Annual Report 2016, https://www.e-unwto.org/doi/pdf/10.18111/9789284418725, last accessed 2020/04/20.
35. UNWTO Annual Report 2017, https://www.e-unwto.org/doi/pdf/10.18111/9789284419807, last accessed 2020/04/20.
36. UNWTO Tourism Highlights 2018, https://www.e-unwto.org/doi/pdf/10.18111/9789284419876, last accessed 2020/04/20.
37. Webster, C., Ivanov, S.: Robotics, artificial intelligence, and the evolving nature of work. In: George B, Paul J (eds) Digital transformation in business and society theory and cases. Palgrave-MacMillan, Cham, 127-143 (2020).
38. White, E., Bowker, J.M., Askew, A.E., Langner, L.L., Arnold, J.R., English, D.B.: Federal outdoor recreation trends: effects on economic opportunities. US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Station, Portland (2016).
39. WTTC. Economic Impact Analysis, http://www.wttc.org/research/economic-research/economic-impact-analysis, last accessed 2020/04/24.
40. Zengeni, N., Zengeni, D.M.F.: The impact of current visa regime policy on tourism recovery and development in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Development and Sustainability 1(3), 1008-1025 (2012).
Published online 29.05.2020