Svitlana Tkalenko, Natalya Sukurova
Cite: Tkalenko S., Sukurova N. The influence of FDI on sustainable economic development of Ukraine in terms of global digitization. J. Digit. Sci. 2(1), 40 – 53 (2020). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.2.1_4
Abstract. This article is a research study of the role and necessity of digital transformation of Ukrainian economy in the context of digitization of the world economy, which will promote economic growth and increase the international competitiveness of national economy, which in its turn will contribute to the further formation of an attractive investment environment. The modern tendencies of information economy development are disclosed. Changes of the determinants of FDI in the Ukrainian economy in terms of its digital transformation are revealed. It is proved that foreign trade and the globalization index of the country influence on the process of attracting FDI. Much attention in the article is paid to the role of information, development of information sphere, digitization, formation of a new information economy, foreign direct investments, which are necessary for the economic development of the country and affect economic growth in the context of global digitization. The necessity of this study is due to the modern trends of development in the world economy and the digital transformation of the national economy. The role and importance of foreign direct investments in the digital transformation of the national economy has been proved on the basis of a broad analysis of research works of foreign and national specialists, analysis of economic situation in Ukraine and the main macroeconomic indicators identified the role and necessity of transformation processes, macroeconomic indicators of economic development of the country were analyzed, the necessity and requirements for the formation of an attractive investment environment, favorable investment climate and business environment have been identified. Using the econometric model, based on E-Views software, the indicators of GDP, foreign trade, inflation, employment level and the globalization index have been analyzed in the context of their impact on the volume of FDI attraction and their forecasting have been made.
Keywords: digital transformation, globalization, information economy, information technology, foreign direct investments.
- Dulska, I. V. Digital technologies as a catalyst for economic growth. Economics and Forecasting, № 2, рр. 119-133 (2015) [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhusov, A.O. The digital economy: structural shifts in the international capital market URL: http://journals.iir.kiev.ua/index.php/ec_n/article/view/3058/2746 №9, (2016) [in Ukrainian].
- Kolyadenko, S.V. Digital economy: preconditions and stages of formation in Ukraine and in the world. Management: topical issues of science and practice, № 6, рр.105-110, (2016) [in Ukrainian].
- Mesko, N.P. Strategies for high-tech development in the context of globalization: national and corporate aspects: Monograph. Donetsk: South-East (2012) [in Ukrainian].
- Castells, Manuel. End of Millennium, The Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture Vol. III. Wiley-Blackwell (2010).
- Grimes, Arthur, Cleo Ren, and Philip Stevens. The Need for Speed: Impacts of Internet Connectivity on Firm Productivity. Journal of Productivity Analysis №37 (2), рр. 187–201, (2012).
- Niebel, T. ICT and Economic Growth: Comparing Developing, Emerging and Developed Countries. ZEW Discussion Paper 14–117, Germany, (2014).
- Webster, F. Theories of the Information Society (third edition), USA and Canada (2006).
- Chowdhury, A. FDI and Growth: What Causes What? World Economy, Vol. 29(1). P. 9-19. (2006).
- Eswar, S. Prasad, Raghuram, G. Rajan, Subramanian, А. Foreign Capital and Economic Growth. Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, 1., Р. 153-230 (2007)
- Pegkas, Penagiotis. The impact of FDI on economic growth in Eurozone countries. The Journal of Economic Asymmetries (12): 124–32 (2015).
- Sunde, Tafirenyika. Foreign direct investment and economic growth: ADRL and causality analysis for South Africa. Research in International Business and Finance (41): 434–44 (2017).
- Hyungsun, Chloe Cho, and Ramirez D. Miguel. Foreign direct investment and inequality in Southeast Asia: A panel unit root and panel cointegration analysis, 1990–2013. Atlantic Economic Journal(44): 411–24 (2017).
- Tkalenko S., Sukurova N., Honcharova A. Determinants of the Foreign Direct Investments in Terms of Digital Transformation of the Ukrainian Economy. In: Antipova T., Rocha Á. (eds) Digital Science 2019. DSIC 2019. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 1114. Springer, Cham Р.148-164. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-37737-3_14 (2020).
- The state and the market: mechanisms and methods of regulation in the transition to innovative development: a collective monograph, St. Petersburg (2010) [in Russian].
- Tkalenko, S.І. Necessity of the trunk of the new international economic order for information economy. International Business in Information Suspension: Collective Monograph, Kyiv (2012) [in Ukrainian].
- Korneychuk, B.V. Information Economy, St. Petersburg (2010) [in Russian].
- Bell, D., Inozemtsev V.L. The Age of Disunity: Reflections on the World of the 21st Century, Moscow (2007) [in Russian].
- Beck, W. Cosmopolitan worldview. Moscow (2008) [in Russian].
- Castells, M., Himanen, P. The Information Society and the Welfare State: The Finnish Model. Oxford University Press (2004).
- Gerbert I. Schiller, G. Information inequality: The Deepening social Crisis in America. New York: Routledge (1996).
- Toffler, E., Toffler, X, Revolutionary Wealth, Moscow (2008) [in Russian].
- Wallerstein, I. The end of the familiar world. Sociology of the XXI century, Moscow (2003) [in Russian].
- Bell, D. The coming post-industrial society. Experience of social forecasting, Moscow (2004) [in Russian].
- Webster F. Theories of the Information Society, Moscow (2004) [in Russian].
- Website Unctad Stat, URL: http://unctadstat.unctad.org/wds/TableViewer/tableView.aspx
- Website State Statistics Committee of Ukraine URL: www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
Published online 29.05.2020