Darya Rozhkova, Nadezhda Rozhkova, Uliana Blinova
Cite: Rozhkova D., Rozhkova N, Blinova U. Digital universities in Russia: digitization with extra speed. J. Digit. Sci. 2(1), 76 – 81 (2020). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.2.1_7
Abstract. The education sector is subject to significant changes due to the increasingly active spread of digital technologies. Usually, the trends in the implementation of digital technologies in educational and research activities are set by commercial organizations – private universities, business schools, corporate universities. But public universities and institutions start to think more and more about digital transformation. However, evolutionary path of universities’ digitization was destroyed by the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). It was decided to completely close universities, all students started to study from home. In this paper, we aimed to start a discussion about distance learning satisfaction among professors and lecturers; understand their vision about e-learning and the current stage of universities’ digitization. After examination of the current state of university digitization, we have identified major problems which become an obstacle during pandemic.
Keywords: Digital technologies, digitization, digital university.
- URL: https://www.gartner.com/doc/3100227/, last accessed 2019/03/31.
- Lynch, C.: How do your data grow? Nature, 455, 28-29 (2020).
- Manuka, J., Chui, M., Brown, B., Bughin, J., Hobbs, R., Roxburgh, C., Byers, A.: Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity / McKinsey Global Institute (2011).
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), https://gdpr-info.eu, last accessed 2019/03/31.
- Rozhkova, D., Rozhkova, N., and Blinova, U. (2020). Digital Universities in Russia: Prospects and Problems. In: Antipova T., Rocha A. (eds) Digital Science 2019. DSIC 2019, AISC 1114, (pp. 252-262). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-37737-3_23. Springer, Cham.
- Antipova T., Melnik M., Shestakova L. Computer-assisted Factor Analysis of University Performance Indicators. 11th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI’2016). Proceeding, Vol. 2, 2016, pp. 105 – 109.
- Yuen, A. H., & Ma, W. W. (2008). Exploring teacher acceptance of e‐learning technology. Asia‐Pacific Journal of Teacher Education, 36(3), 229-243.
Published online 29.05.2020