Indra Bastian, Kaihatu Bryan Petrus
Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Cite: Bastian I. , Petrus K.B. Late in Inka Mina Ship Procurement: A Case of North Celebes, Indonesia. J. Digit. Art Humanit. 4(1), 19-30, (2023). https://doi.org/10.33847/2712-8148.4.1_3
Abstract. The Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (KKP) launched a program to procure 1,000 fishing vessels sized 30 GT, known as Inka (ships) Mina (fish) to increase fishermen’s income and welfare. The KKP program was considered not running optimally. This was evidenced by many cases of procurement of troubled fishing vessels involving the Department of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DKP) in several regions in Indonesia. One area that experienced problems related to the procurement of fishing vessels were the DKP of North Sulawesi Province, which was the object of this study. The problem that faced was the delay in shipbuilding. Therefore, this study aimed to identify and analyze the roots of ship procurement problems by looking at the suitability of the ship procurement process in North Sulawesi Province DKP with Presidential Regulation No. 54 of 2010 and the causes of delays in shipbuilding. This study used a case study approach with an exploratory type. Data collection was done through documentation, open-ended interviews, and direct observation. The selection of participants used purposive sampling technique. Data analysis techniques were carried out by data reduction, data presentation, and conclusion drawing. The results of the study showed the process of procuring ships in DKP Prov. North Sulawesi, started from the preparation, implementation, signed until the execution of the contract, ran in accordance with Presidential Regulation No. 54 of 2010. The delay in shipbuilding was occurred to the provider. The causes of the delay were; lack of company experience which has an impact on the lack of experts; late delivery of raw materials; and natural conditions, which is high rainfall. As a result of delayed in shipbuilding, there were several findings that is incompatibility of handover dates and sea trial on the official document with the date of the photos taken and the sea trial taken, discrepancies in ship size, incompatibility in the calculation of late fines, and the role ambiguity in the Acting Official Technical Activities (PPTK).
Keywords: Ship Procurement Process, Delay in Shipbuilding.
1. Osei-Tutu E., E. Badu, and D. Owusu-Manu. 2009. Exploring Corruption Practices in Public Procurement of Infrastructural Projects in Ghana. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. Emerald Insight.
2. Rendon J. and Rene G. Rendon. 2016. Procurement fraud in the US Department of Defense”. Implications for contracting processes and internal controls. Managerial Auditing Journal. Vol. 31, No. 67. Emerald Insight.
3. Robbins, P. Stephen and Timothy A. Judge. 2009. Organizational Behavior, 13th Edition, Pearson Education, lnc., Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, pp. 209-586.
4. Kreitner, Robert dan Kinicki, Angelo. 2005. Perilaku Organisasi. Buku 1, Edisi Kelima, Selemba Empat, Jakarta.
5. Peterson, Mark F. and Peter B. Smith. 1995. “Role Conflict, Ambiguity, and Overload: A 21 Nation Study.” Journal Management Academy, Vol. 38, No. 2: 429.
6. Pesireron, S. and Aponno, M.F. .2014. Pengaruh Konflik Peran dan Ambiguitas terhadap Komitmen Organisasi Auditor Internal Pemerintah Daerah Kota Ambon. Journal of Benchmark Vol 3, No.1: 55-68.
7. Atmanegara, Rangga, E. P., Pribadi, Triwilaswandio, W., and Arif, Mohammad, S. 2016. Analisis Teknis dan Ekonomis Pembangunan Kapal Ikan 30 GT Konstruksi FRP Metode Vacuum Infusion. Journal of Technic ITS. Vol. 5, No. 1, (2016) ISSN: 2337-3539.
8. Sumarna, Muhammad Z. .2016. Analisis Kelayakan Alternatif Investasi Kapal Penangkap Ikan di Kabupaten Rembang. Final Assignment. Surabaya: Technology Institute Sepuluh Nopember
9. Cahyo, Devit Tri. 2015. Persekongkolan Tender Pengadaan Kapal Patroli Kelas C Program Kredit Ekspor Tahun Anggaran 2005 di Kepolisian Negara Republik Indonesia (Studi Putusan KPPU Nomor 42/KPPU-L/2010). A Thesis. University of Jember.
10. Yin, Robert K. 2015. Studi Kasus: Desain dan Metode. Penerjemah: M Djauzi Mudzakir. First Edition. 14 Publication. Jakarta:Rajawali Pers.
11. Sugiyono .2015. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
12. Miles, M.B. and Huberman, A.M. 1994. Qualitative data analysis: an expanded sourcebook. Second Edition. London: Sage.
13. Bastian I., Fadillah H. Machine Maintenance Policies in Local Sugar Manufacturing: A Case Study of Madukismo, Indonesia. J. Digit. Sci.5(1), 23-32 (2023). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.5.1_3
Published online 25.06.2023