Cite: Bilyalova A. Integration of Digital Technologies into Education. J. Digit. Art Humanit., 1(2), 20-33. 2020. https://doi.org/10.33847/2712-8148.1.2_2
Abstract. The number of universities using digital technologies is growing year by year. Digital technology in the modern world is not only a tool, but also a living environment that opens up new opportunities: learning at any convenient time, continuing education, etc. This article aims to describe the specificity of digital education, the current state of its implementation, the expected results and concerns in this respect. Having shown the core of the digital education and the state of its implementation in modern society, this type of education must be critically analyzed in terms of advantages and risks with reference to contemporary students and the effectiveness of the teaching – learning process, in which they participate. In the study pros and cons of digital learning are revealed. The current study presents information about advantages of using electronic educational resources in teaching a foreign language based on the experimental work which was done in Naberezhnye Chelny Institute of Kazan Federal University. The success of the experiment presented in this paper is demonstrated by comparing the results of the test group who were taught using electronic educational resources with the reference group who were taught in a common traditional way. The results of the questionnaire suggest that the majority of students believe they have acquired food knowledge using digital technology in education. The statistical analysis shows that the test group students had better achievements compared to the reference group since students from test group have the digital skills.
Keywords: Digital education, Electronic educational resources, Digital technologies; Informatization.
- Aksyukhin A.A., Vyzen A.A., Maksheneva Zh.V. Information technologies in education and science // Modern high technologies. – 2009. – №11 – P. 50-52.
- Better learning through handwriting [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110119095458.htm
- Bilyalova Albina, ICT in Teaching a Foreign Language in High School. Education, health and ICT for a transcultural world. – 2017. – Vol.237, Is.. – p.175-181.
- Bilyalova Albina, Sharypova Nailya, Akhmetshina Anifa, Electronic Educational Resources in Foreign Languages Teaching. Proceedings of the international conference on the theory and practice of personality formation in modern society (ICTPPFMS 2018). – 2018. – Vol.198, Is.. – P.173-177
- Bilylova, A., Salimova, D., Zelenina, T.: Digital transformation in Education. In: Antipova, T. (ed.) Itergrated Science in Digital Age. ISIC 2019. Lecture Notesin in Networks and Systems, vol. 78, pp.265-276. Springer, Cham (2019).
- Education Evolution [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.caterhamschool.co.uk/whats-on/educationevolution/speakers-education-2-0/
- Enhancing Learning and Teaching with Technology [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.ucl-ioe-press.com/books/schools-and-schooling/enhancing-learning-and-teaching-with-technology/
- Internet Addiction Disorder – What Can Parents Do for Their Child? [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.webroot.com/ca/en/resources/tips-articles/internet-addiction-what-can-parents-do
- Is Society Today too Dependent on Technology? [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://theessayblog.com/2016/05/17/is-society-today-too-dependent-on-technology
- Keshelava A.V. Introduction to the “Digital” economy – VNII Geosystems, 2017. – 28 p.
- Marey A. Digitalization as a paradigm shift [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.bcg.com/ru-ru/about/bcg-review/digitalization.aspx
- Moore A. Warning to Teens: Gadgets Can Disturb Your Sleep. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www.medicaldaily.com/warning-teens-gadgets-can-disturb-your-sleep-242294
- Open education [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://openedu.ru.
- Purcell K., How Teens Do Research in the Digital World. “The Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project Online Survey of Teachers”.November 1, 2012.
- Schwab K. Die Vierte Industrielle Revolution. — Эксмо, 2016. — 208 с.
- The online generation: four in 10 children are addicted to the Internet [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/the-online-generation-four-in-10-children-are-addicted-to-the-internet-9341159.html
- Vartanova EL. The Russian media industry: a digital future: an academic monograph – M.: MediaMir, 2017. – 160 p.
Published online 30.12.2020