Olga Gerova, Irina Shikina
Russian Research Institute of Health, Moscow, Russia; National register of bone marrow donors named after Vasya Perevoshchikov, Charity Fund, Moscow, Russia
Cite: Gerova O., Shikina I. Accessibility to Join Bone Marrow Donor Registry for Volunteers. J. Digit. Art Humanit. 4(1), 37-42, (2023). https://doi.org/10.33847/2712-8148.4.1_5
Abstract. Recruitment of potential bone marrow donors is information and engagement (registration) of volunteers in the register of potential bone marrow donors. The entry of a potential donor into the registry is the organization of obtaining informed consent, collecting biological samples and delivering them to the laboratory. Accessibility to join the bone marrow donor registry for volunteers depends from way of collection biologic samples. There are four ways: Blood Service, commercial laboratories, post and at the event. We have developed a scale for assessing the criteria for the accessibility of entry into the register depending on the entry method. The high accessibility of entry into the register can be ensured by interaction with the Russian Post and a network of commercial laboratories that scored the highest score of 10 out of 12 during the accessibility assessment. It is possible to use the full potential of 54 million residents of the Russian Federation aged 18-45 years to form a register of bone marrow donors regardless of the territorial basis only through the interaction of large public and private structures.
Keywords: Registry, bone marrow donors, recruiting, volunteers
- Mateja Kralj Juric, Sakhila Ghimire, 2Milestones of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation – From First Human Studies to Current Developments. Front Immunol., 7, 470 (2016).
- Bubnova L. N., Pavlova I. E., Glazanova T. V. and co-authors. Hematopoietic stem cell donor registries. Medline. Russian biomedical journal., 16(3), 751–758 (2015) (In Russ.).
- Bubnova L. N., Chechetkin A. V., Immunogenetic researches at the Russian Research Institute of Hematology and Transfusiology. Bulletin of hematology., XI (2), 8-9 (2015).
- Immunological typing service and the registry of hematopoietic stem cell donors in Russia / E. A. Selivanov, Bubnova L. N. // Bulletin of hematology., 3,:42–44 (2009).
- Loginova M. A., Paramonov I. V. Work experience of the register of potential donors of hematopoietic stem cells. Issues of hematology/oncology and immunopathology in pediatrics. 13 (1), 9–12 (2014).
- Makarenko O. A., Kuzmich E. V. Potential bone marrow donor: definition, criteria for registration in the register of unrelated bone marrow donors. Health care of the Russian Federation. 63 (4), 221-224 (2019) (In Rus.).
- Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation dated September 14, 2001 No. 364 “On Approval of the Procedure for Medical Check of a Blood Donor and Its Components”. Access mode: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_78073.
- Voskanyan Y. et al. Management of the Flow of Patients in a Modern Medical Organization. 2022 T. Antipova (Ed.): DSIC 2021, LNNS 381, 456–466 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-93677-8_40
- Voskanyan Y., Shikina I., Gasparyan A., Davidov D. Human Factor in Safe Health Care. J. Digit. Art Humanit., 3(1), 29-35 (2022). https://doi.org/10.33847/2712-8148.3.1_4
- Voskanyan Y., et al. Multifactorial model of adverse events and medical safety management. J. Digit. Sci. 2(1), 29 – 39 (2020). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.2.1_3
- Voskanyan Y., et al. Risk management in the healthcare safety management system. J. Digit. Sci. 3(1), 41-53 (2021). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.3.1_4
- Zakharchenko O., Terenteva D., Shikina I. Detectability of oncological diseases in the process of clinical examination of the adult population of Russia in 2013-2020. J. Digit. Sci. 4(1), 78 – 84 (2022). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.4.1_7
- Golubev N., Polikarpov A., Shikina I., Shelepova E. Impact of the Income Level of the Working- Age Population on Certain Mortality Indicators in Russian Federation. 2022 T. Antipova (Ed.): DSIC 2021, LNNS 381, 467–476 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-93677-8_41
- Antipova T. Health Digital Indicators’ Juxtaposition. J. Digit. Sci. 5(1), 55-62 (2023). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.5.1_6
- Antipova T., Zhelnin A., Zhelnina I. Briefs in Assessing the Adequacy of Health Care Facilities’ Fixed Assets. J. Digit. Sci. 4(1), 85 – 91 (2022). https://doi.org/10.33847/2686-8296.4.1_8.
- Antipova T. Need for High-Tech Medical Devices in Value-Based Health Care. Advances in Digital Science, 50-62, 2022. https://doi.org/10.33847/978-5-6048575-0-2_4.
- Shlyafer S., Shikina I. High-Tech Heart Surgery in Elderly Patients in Russia. J. Digit. Art Humanit. 4(1), 43-49, (2023). https://doi.org/10.33847/2712-8148.4.1_6
Published online 26.06.2023