Dary Bykova, Irina Zhdankina, Natalia Ignatieva, Olga Belousova, Valery Polyakov
Nizhny Novgorod State Engineering and Economic University, Russia
Cite: Bykova D., et al. Use of digital technologies to improve the classical methodology of foreign language teaching in professional educational organizations. Advances in Digital Science, 35-49. 2022. https://doi.org/10.33847/978-5-6048575-0-2_3
Abstract. This chapter is devoted to the study, analysis of the effectiveness of the use of the methodology, as well as the development of a model for improving the classical methodology of teaching a foreign language in the specialties of vocational education of various technical profiles with elements of digitalization. A brief overview of the available training methods is made, an analysis of the regulatory framework is carried out. A model of teaching a foreign language has been developed and experimentally substantiated. The main element of digitalization is the author’s developed online course “Foreign language”, attached to the educational platform Moodle.
Keywords: foreign language, classical methodology of teaching, professional education, model, digitalization element.
- Order of the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation No. 831 dated November 2nd, 2015 “On approval of the list of the 50 most demanded on the labor market, new and promising professions requiring secondary vocational education”.
- Order of the Ministry of Education of the Nizhny Novgorod region dated October 13, 2016 N 3569 “On providing training in the most popular and promising specialties and working professions in accordance with international standards and advanced technologies on the basis of educational organizations of secondary vocational and higher education of the Nizhny Novgorod region” (with amendments and additions).
- Ariyan М.А., Oberemko О.G., Shamov А.N. Methods of teaching foreign languages: Basic course. – N.Novgorod: NGLU n.a N.A.Dobrolubov, 2009. – 97 p.
- Galskova N.D., Gez N.I. Theory of teaching foreign languages. Linguodidactics and methodology: studies. manual for students. Lingvistic universities and faculties of foreign higher education / N.D.Galslova, N.I. Gez. – 3rd ed., ster. – M.: Publishing House “Akademiya”, 2006. – 336 p.
- Rozhkova, D., Rozhkova, N., and Blinova, U. (2020). Digital Universities in Russia: Prospects and Problems. In: Antipova T., Rocha A. (eds) Digital Science 2019. DSIC 2019, AISC 1114, (pp. 252-262). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-37737-3_23. Springer, Cham.
- Bilyalova, A. Integration of Digital Technologies into Education. J. Digit. Art Humanit., 1(2), 20-33. 2020. https://doi.org/10.33847/2712-8148.1.2_2
- Bilyalova, A., Salimova, D., Zelenina, T. (2019). Digital transformation in Education. In: Antipova, T. (ed.) Itergrated Science in Digital Age. ISIC 2019. Lecture Notes in in Networks and Systems, vol. 78, pp.265-276. Springer, Cham.
- Zhdankina, I., Ignatieva, N., Bykova, D., Sysoeva, Y. (2021). Modernization of Higher Education in Russia: New Challenges and Approaches. In: Antipova, T. (eds) Advances in Digital Science. ICADS 2021. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1352. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-71782-7_11
- Karsenti, T., Kozarenko, O., Skakunova, V. (2020). Digital Technologies in Teaching and Learning Foreign Languages: Pedagogical Strategies and Teachers’ Professional Competence. Education and Self-Development. 15. 76-88. 10.26907/esd15.3.07.
- Belyasova, J., Teleshova R. Particularities of language classes in a multi-cultural context (2019) In: DSIC 2018, AISC 850, pp. 174-187. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02351- 5_22.
- Ignatieva, N., Zhdankina, I., Bykova, D., Sysoeva, Yu.: Using smart technologies at the classes of foreign languages at a non-linguistic university. In: Antipova, T. (ed.) Integrated Science in Digital Age 2020. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol. 136, Springer, Switzerland (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-49264-9_21
- Federal State Educational Standard of Vocational education in the specialty 35.02.16 – Operation and repair of agricultural machinery and equipment (approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation dated December 9, 2016 N 1564).
- Bykova D.V. Analysis of the effectiveness of the use of classical methods of teaching a foreign language in the specialties of SPO // Review of pedagogical research. 2021. Vol. 3. No. 5. pp. 159-163.
- The Federal State Educational Standard for the specialty 09.02.07 – Information systems and programming (approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation dated December 9, 2016 N 1547).
- Pavlova L.N. Pedagogical management as an object of labor function research. Theory and practice of social development. – 2014. – No. 1. – pp. 212-214.
- Sample programs in foreign languages. English language. Explanatory note. [Electronic resource] Access mode: URL:http://window.edu.ru/resource/178/37178/files/04-o.pdf
- Online course “Foreign language”. [electronic resource]. Access mode: https://ngiei.mcdir.ru/course/view.php?id=13749
Published online 26.07.2022